søndag 28. februar 2010

Question concerning HDMP files

Hello all,

I wonder if anyone can explain the ReportQueue files that I have located in a Windows Temp folder for Vista (Ultimate 64bit). I have an HP 9500 Pavillion laptop and have had a great deal of trouble today with Ad Aware 2007 by Lavasoft totally freezing during scans and then crashing my computer. I eventually uninstalled it and ran a cleanup and defrag only to find that I have a new 2GB file (evidently created today) in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Report1ecfd905\WERD945.tmp.hdmp

I am denied access to the file, so I have no idea what it is, how I got it, or whether it caused the problems with the Ad Aware scans. I'd love to know if it can be deleted and... if all of the other so called report files in the Windows temp folder that contains them can go, too. In addition, if I am denied access exactly how can they be removed??
 
To resolve this problem simply click:

Start --> ControlPanel -->> Problem Reports and Solutions
and then click: Clear solution and problem history
cleans up all the content of ReportQueue folder.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar